GFA Daily Digest Wed, Apr. 1, 2020
- Africa Digital Rights Fund Grants The activities that are eligible for funding are those that protect and advance digital rights. These may include but are not limited to research, advocacy, policy analysis, litigation, digital literacy and digital security skills building.
- 9 Innovative Startups From Uganda Worth Following Asaak is a FinTech startup providing world-class financial services to farmers and small businesses through their mobile phones. In 2018, the startup raised US$1.5 million from Resolute Ventures, 500 Startups, Social Capital, Catalyst Fund and other four investors.
- Mohamed Okasha to launch $25 million fintech fund One of the key figures of the Egyptian fintech ecosystem has revealed that he is launching a $25 million fintech fund that Fawry has committed to anchor.
- 7 Nigerian startups selected to fight COVID-19 Ventures Platform and Lagos State Science and Research and Innovation Council (LASRIC) today announced that seven Nigerian startups have been selected to participate in the #COVID19InnovationChallenge, to develop solutions to mitigate the rapid spread of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
- COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/
2) African Fintech Funding; 2020 & Beyond https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/20/gfa-weekend-feature-african-fintech-funding-2020-beyond/
GetFundedAfrica curates funding news across Africa and emerging markets. Subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/