GFA Daily Digest Fri, Apr. 3, 2020
US solar developer Renewvia Energy Corporation has teamed up with Singapore-based renewable energy investor Dream Projects Incubators (DPI) to develop solar micro-grids in Kenya and Nigeria.
2. African Development Bank donates $2M towards the fight against COVID-19 in Africa The development focused bank said that the fund was just one of the AfDB’s many interventions that they put in place to help member countries on the continent manage the pandemic.
- Villgro Kenya Awards $60,000 to East African HealthTech Startups Villgro Kenya, an impact investor, and business incubator has awarded $20,000 each to three innovative health startups based in East Africa.
- Beyonce’s father invests into Nigerian music streaming startup MePlaylist.com Beyoncé and Solange Knowles’ father, Mr Mathew Knowles, MBA, PhD, has invested into MePlaylist.com, a subscription and ads based On-Demand music streaming application founded by Olakunle Oladehin, a US-based Nigerian entrepreneur.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/
2) African Fintech Funding; 2020 & Beyond https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/20/gfa-weekend-feature-african-fintech-funding-2020-beyond/
GetFundedAfrica curates funding news across Africa and emerging markets. Subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/