GFA Daily Digest Thur, Apr. 2, 2020
- Seedstars Summit 2020 to Happen Online on Same Dates (31 March to 3 April) A free, international, online event about entrepreneurship in emerging markets. Follow the latest trends in impact innovation by joining live sessions happening already this April.
- Kenyan fintech Pezesha wins catapulter award at LHoFT Kenyan fintech startup Pezesha earlier this month took house the Finest Catapulter Award on the conclusion of the Catapult: Inclusion Africa fintech bootcamp hosted by The Luxembourg Home of Monetary Know-how (LHoFT).
- Egypt Central Bank plans $50mn to $100m fintech fund Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) is set to establish ~$58 million fund (EGP 1 billion) to invest in FinTech startups of the country, CBE’s Sub Governor for Payment Systems and Information.
- Côte d’Ivoire: $57.3m in electrification contracts CI-Energies on 20 March awarded seven contracts to electrify 350 locations in Côte d’Ivoire. The contracts are being financed by the French Development Agency
See links for feature weekend articles here:
- COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/
2) African Fintech Funding; 2020 & Beyond https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/20/gfa-weekend-feature-african-fintech-funding-2020-beyond/
GetFundedAfrica curates funding news across Africa and emerging markets. Subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/