Daily Digest Monday, Apr. 6, 2020
- The Africa Fintech Summit (AFTS) The Africa Fintech Summit (AFTS) returns to Washington, DC, in 2020 and brings with it the regional final of Startup World Cup, the world’s largest global startup pitch competition.
2. Facebook launches Community Accelerator programme across Africa An evolution of the Facebook Community Leadership Programme (FCLP), this six-month accelerator programme provides training, mentorship and funding to help community leaders grow their communities.
- Women’s e-commerce platform Kasha gains new investment for expansion The Finnfund has invested $1M in Kasha, the Rwandan e-commerce platform improving women’s access to genuine health, hygiene and self-care products in East Africa.
- Google announces $6.5M funding to help fight coronavirus misinformation Google will be supporting Africa Check in Nigeria, and Data Leads in partnership with BOOM Live in India to leverage data from Question Hub. This will be complemented by an effort to train 1,000 journalists across India and Nigeria to spot health misinformation.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) Funding & Agritech in Africa…with a snapshot of 2019 https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/03/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-agritech-in-africa-with-a-snapshot-of-2019/
2) COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/
Click here to subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/