Daily Digest Tue, Apr. 7, 2020
- Coronavirus Drives 72% Rise In Use Of Fintech Apps The coronavirus has driven a massive 72% rise in the use of fintech apps in Europe, according to new research published today by deVere Group. In March, GFA focused its theme on Fintech growth in Africa (Links here & here).
- FinTech Startups & Tech Raise US$260.6M in Q1 of 2020 African startups and tech companies raised more than US$260.6 million over 57 disclosed deals in the first quarter of 2020.
- Ethiopia opening mobile money market to new players Ethiopia is going to allow new entrants to offer mobile money players as part of its $10billion home-grown economic agenda.
- PowerGen Conference & African Utility Week With an expected audience of more than 10,000 power and T&D professionals from over 85 countries, POWERGEN Africa and African Utility Week will provide a comprehensive end-to-end power focus that encompasses generation, transmission and distribution, new technologies and water.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) Funding & Agritech in Africa…with a snapshot of 2019 https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/03/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-agritech-in-africa-with-a-snapshot-of-2019/
2) COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/
Click here to subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/