Daily Digest Tue, Apr. 14, 2020
- African Cleantech Deals Stand Over Regular VC Funding Like A Familiar Solar Tower In a report released last November, the agency predicted a sun-enabled boom in countries across the continent. This forecast could provide hundreds of millions of African homes with clean electricity for the first time.
- Venture Fund Launches $20M Venture-Debt Fund To Help Businesses Survive COVID-19 EquaLife Capital, which claims to be Africa’s first venture-debt fund, is committing to what it calls a ‘Relief Fund’ by April 15th for venture businesses, starting with East Africa.
- 27four Bbgf Ii Hits Second Close At R710m 27four Black Business Growth Fund II (27four BBGF II), a blended finance partnership between the South African Government through the Jobs Fund, and South African institutional investors, has announced a second close with total capital of R710m.
- Iyinoluwa Aboyeji’s Future Africa Set to Invest Up to $50k in Innovative African Startups Aboyeji alongside Olabinjo Adeniran and Adenike Sheriff, launched Future Africa last year to provide capital, coaching and community for mission driven innovators building an African Future where purpose and prosperity is within everyone’s reach.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) Funding & Agritech in Africa…with a snapshot of 2019 https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/03/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-agritech-in-africa-with-a-snapshot-of-2019/
2) COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/