Daily Digest Wed, Apr. 15, 2020
- African Development Bank and its Partners Launches #AfricaVsVirus Challenge to Combat COVID-19 African Development Bank and partners are set to host an online #AfricaVsVirus Challenge from 16 to 19 April 2020. The 72-hour competition is a global hackathon – or “ideathon” to develop effective solutions to the coronavirus pandemic.
2. MIT Solve rises to meet health security and pandemic challenge MIT Solve 2020 Challenge seeks tech-based solutions to health security challenges, including Covid-19 and future pandemics.
- GreenTec Capital Invests in Zambia’s WidEnergy Africa GreenTec Capital has announced that it has made an undisclosed investment in Zambia-based WidEnergy Africa. WidEnergy is a woman-led Zambian for-profit social enterprise dedicated to women’s empowerment and the expansion of affordable energy access.
- FCMB Expands ‘Epic Hour’ to Include a Pitching Session Known as EPIC Pitch EPIC Pitch is designed to help budding entrepreneurs get quality product feedback, funding, partnerships, etc by exposing their tech startups to top players in the ecosystem, venture capitalists, investors and potential partners.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) Funding & Agritech in Africa…with a snapshot of 2019 https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/03/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-agritech-in-africa-with-a-snapshot-of-2019/
2) COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/