Daily Digest Thur, Apr. 16, 2020
1. Covid-19: Africa’s private equity sector at risk of a slowdown Many companies that partner with private equity funds are also exposed to the negative consequences of the lockdown measures taken by several countries in the region to deal with the pandemic.
2. Africa Bank 4.0 Summit The impressive growth in financial inclusion in Sub-Saharan Africa over the last few years has been driven primarily by mobile money and agent banking.
1. DGGF Investing in the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Morocco On this occasion the Azur Innovation Fund (AIF) was launched – an investee of the Dutch Good Growth Fund investing in innovative high-impact start-ups.
1.Agribusiness unit Sodecoton receives XAF64.3 bln from the IDB to better support cotton producers Cameroon’s Minister of Economy Alamine Ousmane Mey signed a XAF64.3 billion funding agreement with the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC), an autonomous entity within the Islamic Development Bank (IDB).
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) Funding & Agritech in Africa…with a snapshot of 2019 https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/03/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-agritech-in-africa-with-a-snapshot-of-2019/
2) COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opprtunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/