Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) Program 2020 for African Students (Fully-funded)
Application Deadline: 31st May 2020.
Note due to the impact of Covid-19, this year’s program will still be divided into 4-modules but the first 3 will be done online and the final module will be a 2-week workshop hosted in Cape Town in January 2021. You will only be eligible to attend the final workshop upon completion of the first 3 modules.
About the Award: Big Data, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence are driving a revolution around the world as companies rush to take advantage of their data and turn it into a competitive advantage. However there is a shortage of skilled data scientists and managers worldwide and this shortage is much worse in Africa.
In this program, participants will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling, to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects.
Applications for scholarships will only be accepted from students in South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia and Zambia.
Eligibility: Honours, Master’s or PhD in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent industry experience.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Cape Town, SA
Value of Award: Full awards covering course tuition and travel and living expenses to attend the 2-week workshop are available for qualifying African students. Also,
- Exposure to the latest algorithms and techniques in data science: covering topics in Big Data (BD), Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Under the expert guidance of our team of PhDs and MBAs: as lecturers and tutors, you will receive a mix of lectures and tutorials covering the core aspects of data science.
- Team work: the majority of your time will be spent working in small teams to solve real-world problems, giving you deep, hands-on experience with cutting edge algorithms while equipping you with the skills to contribute effectively as part of a dynamic, agile team.
- Emphasis on real-world skills: including management of data science projects; cleaning of data; and business problem solving skills.
- The solutions you generate: will be presented to industry experts who will give real feedback, helping further sharpen your readiness for the real world.
- Networking events: giving you the opportunity to network with potential employers.
Duration of Award:
- September to November 2020 and January 2021
- 11 weeks (3 x 3-week online modules and 1 x 2-week workshop in Cape Town)
How to Apply: Click here
Attention Venture Capitalists and investors GFA needs your help. Click Here
“GetFundedAfrica is a technology-based, business information platform operated by Afriscaper Research & Consulting Limited with a mission to reduce barriers to funding for African businesses. GFA matches investor ready, African & African-Diaspora owned companies with global investors, leveraging market research, industry data and news aggregation“
Introducing our latest feature writer, Martin N. Chukwuezi who recently wrote an insightful article called ”The impact of Covid-19 pandemic on Oil and Gas Projects in Nigeria
If you would like to raise funding for your next big business or project in Africa send us an email on email@example.com