[Apply] Ghana Tech Lab calls for applications for its Africa AI Accelerator
Ghana Tech Lab (GTL) is calling for applicants to apply to take part in the first cohort if its Africa AI Accelerator programme.
The six month acceleration programme — run in partnership with GIZ and IBM — aims to promote local innovations in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning and data usage.
The first cohort will support 10 AI startups from Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, and Uganda.
Applications close on 25 June.
Ghana Tech Lab’s Africa AI Accelerator will support 10 AI startups from Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, and Uganda
The programme will provide startups with product development and business development support offered both via interactive virtual and physical sessions.
The support will include coaching and mentorship from AI experts from IBM and access to IBM’s Digital Nation Africa (DNA) platform and other digital tools.
GTL has made a particular call for startups that have female founders, are working on health ideas that could help tackle the current Covid-19 pandemic or are working on natural language processing (NLP) applications, as well as startups that have an open-source and open data-oriented business models.
To be eligible to apply, startups must:
- Be a for-profit startup, operating in Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, or Uganda, with a team of at least two people.
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Have an artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning (ML) product or service.
- Have traction with early revenue and early customers, with a clearly demonstrated potential to scale.
- Have a business model with a social impact
- Have an up to date venture profile on VC4A with appropriate information for business and financing partners.
- Be willing to commit and be readily available for all virtual sessions for the six-month period of the accelerator programme, as well as an on-site bootcamp and on-site demo days in Ghana (contingent on easing of travel restrictions by participating countries)
If your startup meets all these eligible requirements, please proceed to apply for the programme.
Attention Venture Capitalists and investors GFA needs your help. Click Here
“GetFundedAfrica is a technology-based, business information platform operated by Afriscaper Research & Consulting Limited with a mission to reduce barriers to funding for African businesses. GFA matches investor ready, African & African-Diaspora owned companies with global investors, leveraging market research, industry data and news aggregation“
Are you an entrepreneur? Share your story with us and get featured on our platform send us an email email@example.com