Kenya’s Data Analytics Startup Superfluid Labs Secures Investment From ShEquity
Newly launched women-entrepreneurs-focused fund ShEquity has made its first investment in Nairobi-based data analytics and AI platform, Superfluid Labs, making the latest investment part of series of investments into the startup in recent time.
The investment ethos of ShEquity is novel given the several structural and societal inequalities that usually curtail the fulfillment of aspirations of several visionary women. The company is providing a unique platform to equalize gender gaps and will allow many female entrepreneurs to achieve their set business vision much more easily than before. We join others to celebrate ShEquity on this noble cause,” SuperFluid co-founder Winifred Kotin said.
Here Is What You Need To Know
- Although the exact amount of this investment remains undisclosed, Superfluid Labs had previously received funding from Green Capital, in 2019.
- The investment will help the Superfluid team to continue scaling their operations in Africa, facilitate further IT developments as well as close business development contracts.
- Superfluid had also attracted investment from a consortium of angel investors in late 2019 and had recently won the ENGIE credit scoring challenge at the Africa Tech Venture Summit in January 2020.
- The startup has also been growing at a exemplified rate even during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to previous investor, Greentec Capital in a statement.
Why The Investor Invested
ShEquity invested in Superfluid for its innovative SaaS business intelligence and algorithmic service offerings.
This is ShEquity’s first investment from its newly launched fund which focuses on providing smart and sustainable investments for African female entrepreneurs and innovators. The investment vehicle which is spearheaded by Pauline Koelbl, provides early-stage capital and structure operational support as well as the facilitation of access to high-value networks.
A Look At What Superfluid Labs Does
Led and co-founded by siblings Winfried Kotin and Timothy Kotin, Superfluid Labs is a B2B Data Analytics and AI Platform for businesses and organization to understand and serve customers, predict business events and create sustainable livelihoods. The startup currently serves the following industries: financial services, clean energy, agriculture, retail and startups.
The startup is addressing the following challenges:
- Access to finance due to high credit risk.
- Limited consumer insights and market intelligence.
- Poor customer retention and life-time value growth
“GetFundedAfrica is a technology-based, business information platform operated by Afriscaper Research & Consulting Limited with a mission to reduce barriers to funding for African businesses. GFA matches investor ready, African & African-Diaspora owned companies with global investors, leveraging market research, industry data and news aggregation“
Are you an entrepreneur? Share your story with us and get featured on our platform send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerging Opportunities In Growth Sectors Amid Covid-19 Crises
With the Covid-19 pandemic pushing the global economy (Nigeria inclusive) to record decline, creativity and innovation in goods and services have become very imperative and necessary, perhaps the competitive advantage factor. Opportunities for productivity and economic optimization abound in sectors like healthcare, agriculture and food, manufacturing, ICT amongst others. Read more