Firstly, what is GetFundedAfrica?
- GetFundedAfrica is a venture capital firm
- We invest in African startups in the pre-seed and seed stage and in exchange, we take an equity stake (shares) in your company.
- For African startups in other funding stages, we act as fundraising advisors.
- We are not a bank and we do not provide loans.
- You are not required to pay back the funds we invest. If we invest in your company, it means we believe in your idea and we become a partner in your growth,.
- In our role as investment advisors, we leverage our venture capital network
- For pre-seed & seed stage companies, we typically invest/fundraise between $5,000 and $500,000.
- For startups in growth stage we help with investment syndications of up to $30m.
Here’s how GetFundedAfrica Works…
- You will be required to fill our application form online
- We undertake an online assessment of your idea and investor readiness.
- We decide if your startup meets our investment criteria & communicate this decision (usually within 7 days)
- Depending on the decision made, we engage with the startup founder(s) and go through our investment process till you achieve deal-close
Did you know?
Venture capital is different from a bank loan. Venture capital fills the void between sources of funds for startups and traditional lower-cost sources of capital. The venture capitalist a stake in an entrepreneur’s idea, nurtures it for a while (usually 3-5 years), and then sells his stake to a corporation or investing public.