Want to be a Guest Contributor to GetFundedAfrica (GFA)?
GetFundedAfrica (GFA) is always looking for new voices to feature.
If you’ve got insights or opinions to share – and the expertise to back them up – and would like to join the ongoing discussion around the opportunities and challenges of fund raising in Africa & other emerging markets, we invite you to write for GFA (see guidelines below).
We would typically feature company CEOs, entrepreneurs, business leaders, academics, business professionals, angel investors, market researchers, private equity or venture capitalists as well as government and regulatory officials.
Industries covered typically includes (but not limited to) entrepreneurship, private equity, venture capital, business growth, technology, cryptocurrency, other Industries (e.g. agriculture, pharmaceuticals, finance, etc)
To get started, kindly send an email titled “Guest Contributor” with your profile to Nichole@GetFundedAfrica.com
- Frequency: Subject to a review by our editors and based on your expertise, you have the option to write weekly, monthly or quarterly.
- Reader Interaction: GFA promotes open conversation and it’s possible that readers might respond to your writing, either on social media or in the form of a “counterpoint” article published on our site. We are always open to informed different opinions with the viewpoints we publish and would gladly publish alternate perspectives. We ask that our guest writers be prepared to face these potentially differing opinions, and to answer questions while responding respectfully to criticism if it occurs.
- Authorship: All articles must be written by an author or set of named authors. We do not accept anonymous commentary or article submissions attributed to an organization or company.
- Writer profile: Each GFA contributor would require a writer’s profile. This includes a title, organization, geographic location, a brief biography and a head-shot photo. For contributors who intend to write weekly, GFA will make an announcement with your profile on a separate stand-alone page. You would have the option to allow readers contact you via email or social media, such as LinkedIn or Twitter, please include those links with your bio.
- Pro-bono: Contributors are not paid for articles. It is expected that accepted contributors will kindly donate their time and expertise to develop articles.
Guest Article Basics:
Length: We generally try to keep articles to 800 – 1,200 words in length. Our maximum word count for most guest articles is around 1,400 – 1600 words. Longer pieces will often be edited down. And we generally ask for more detail on articles that go under about 700 words.
Submitting an article: Please send articles via Microsoft Word email attachments or Google Docs.
Perspective: GFA encourages a first-person writing style. Please do not refer to yourself in the third person, and if you’re involved in an organization whose work you’re citing, please make that clear in the article.
Style: GFA follows Associated Press style.
Headline: Please feel free to make headline and sub-headline suggestions in your draft. However, note that we may alter these in the final article. We run our intended headlines past authors whenever possible.
Opinions: Feel free to be conversational and interject your opinions into your articles.
Citations: Viewpoints – controversial or otherwise – should be supported, so please link to research reports, books or media articles when making assertions or citing statistics. Please link to any companies and/or organizations mentioned in your post as well. Please DO NOT list any citations as footnotes – whenever possible, include these as links instead. (Footnotes are permissible if you need to add an explanation to an assertion but are otherwise discouraged.)
Self-promotion: We are happy to provide publicity to the businesses and other organizations that contribute guest articles. But articles are much more effective when they keep the focus on the issues an organization/company is addressing and the challenges/solutions it has encountered, rather than the brand attributes and qualities of the organization itself. So “marketing language” should be kept to a minimum. It is also important to avoid starting a piece with a lengthy explanation of your organization or mission.
Images: We welcome photos and embeddable/linkable video that is available for media and/or public usage. Please specify whom GFA should credit when sending photos or video, and if possible, include information for use in the caption, including the location, description of the scene, names/titles of people in the photo, etc. We respect all copyrighted images and when in doubt, we opt for public domain photos.
Outreach: GFA posts articles extensively on social media and for regular contributors, we’re happy to include the author’s LinkedIn/Twitter/Facebook handle, the handle of their organization, and any hashtags they recommend – please send this information to our editors when submitting a draft. The support of you and/or your organization can greatly help to maximize traffic to your article, so please also notify your company’s communications team to arrange for tweets, retweets and other social media mentions once the article is online.
GetFundedAfrica (GFA) is a technology-driven information platform that helps African-run businesses reduce barriers to funding. GFA provides data that matches investor ready, African & African-Diaspora owned companies with global investors, leveraging market research, industry data, and news aggregation. GFA is owned and operated by Afriscaper Market Research & Consulting Limited.
We look forward to hearing from you.
PS: Kindly share with people who you think may be interested.
The GetFundedAfrica Team!